Thursday, April 2, 2009

TMJ

So I finally went to the dentist today. I have all my life gone every 6 months until about a year and a half ago. It got hard while we were moving and I didn't want to put the effort into finding a dentist that I would see once. Not a good excuse I know.

I have been having pain in my jaw on and off for the last year. This week it's been bad, hurts to chew. I got in today and my check up was good, not cavities! :) When we talked about my jaw the dentist messed around with it and turns out I have a form of TMJ. My jaw does not sit where it is supposed to because of my teeth alignment. I have what's called a slide. I have to go back next week so he can analyze it and decide what the best way to adjust my jaw is. It probably involves grinding down one of my teeth. Yuck!

Has anyone ever had this happen before? The teeth grinding/filing. Can you tell me about it?

On a side note, my calves are killing me today but I still did the Shred and just modified some of the cardio. I'm already feeling better which makes the 8.49 totally worth it!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh owie! My mom has really bad TMJ. She has had several surgeries and it just has seemed to make it worse. Not fun, at all! I hope yours doesn't get that bad and they have a quick fix for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I hope you feel better soon. I sometimes think I have TMJ because of all the jaw pain and headaches I have...I sympathize and hope the workout alleviates some stress!

    ReplyDelete