Friday, May 29, 2009

There's a crab on my license!

Yep. I am an official MD resident now. Yesterday I received both my renewed Michigan license in the mail and a notice from our insurance company that we need to switch our license over asap. Not cool. Today I spend hunting for documents to prove that I am myself and that I live in MD. It was a little ridiculous. Then I trekked over to the MVA (DMV in MI) and waited for an hour and a half at the biggest MVA office I had ever been to. I suppose the small one in my small hometown should not have been the way I pictured this place. Not only was it filled with what I assume is the regular stream of people but I happened to come at the same time that a driver's ed class got out. So, in addition there were a bunch of excited 15 year olds waiting for their permits. That was cute to watch. Nervous parents and excited teens.

Don't worry, I have to make a second trip there next week to take care of my car stuff. But first I must get it inspected and find all those documents too... In Michigan I never had to get my car inspected. And even though we have been moving around for two years we had kept everything in Michigan because all the moves were temporary. So much for a fun last week off! Never mind the expense. We were not really happy about that at the moment.

But, it's half over and I have exchanged my great lakes for a crab. ha! Have a great weekend! :)

2 comments:

  1. I have a crab on my license too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - you won free ice cream!
    Can you send me your address - mrskellystamps@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete