Okay, if you haven't watched the show from last night and plan to you may not want to read this post yet.
I am not a regular of the show but I catch it from time to time. I have like everyone else seen the tabloids that have been written about the couple and possible cheating and all of that. I just happened to come across the season opener show last night where they addressed those issues. I was drawn in.
You could just feel the pain and sadness that the family is going through. Jon was not a part of most the the show as he was away and Kate planned the birthday party alone. He did go to the birthday party and you could see how little they were interacting with each other. Very obvious things were not alright with them. They both denied that he actually cheated but at the end neither one of them could say if they would stay together.
In my opinion Kate seemed to want to work things out and was taking responsibility for some of her own actions. Jon simply said he was there for the kids. I was so sad when the show was over. You could just feel for this couple and what they were dealing with.
I know many people have strong feelings about this family and the way they raise their children but no matter how you feel about it you can't deny the pain they are dealing with. They are real people with real problems and real feelings. Yes, they did choose to televise their lives but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt.
Did you watch? What do you all think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think it was totally heartbreaking (I made the hubby watch it with me this morning before getting out of bed, haha!). I think it's great that Kate was at least willing to take some of the responsibility, Jon didn't at all, in my opinion. And I think it is devastating that both claim they are only concerned about what is best for the children, but they are still forcing them into the media scrutiny. If it were me, I would have yanked the show immediately. Now these poor kids are having their parents' marital troubles broadcast all over the world; it's bad enough that it's in the tabloids, but can you imagine the little kids' watching that episode in 10 years and seeing how tense and bittersweet their birthday party was? I think that's just sad. And poor parenting.
ReplyDelete