Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Back Again!

I'm back from a wonderful visit with my family. I miss them all so much but I would never want to be away from my husband. I just hope we can have it all someday and have each other and live near them. :) I saw just about everyone and I shocked my cousin by surprising her at her first communion. It was so cute to see the look on her face. She was told that I could not come home for it. I also got to attend my Aunt's annual chili cook off and I was able to meet the new woman my dad is dating. So far I approve. She was very nice and seemed classy. This is a very big improvement from the last one. That was a mess. So, I'm happy for him.

Some great news is that while I was home I received two phone calls about job interviews. One I am going to today. The other one I may be canceling because it's not what I thought it was. I am to the point where I will take almost anything but not at the expense of my safety. Husband was not thrilled with the details and doesn't want me to take that one either. The first one though I am very interested in.

Getting ready to go back home to my husband always sends a mixture of emotions through me. I of course can not wait to see him and I was missing him terribly by the time the week was up. I also get sad about leaving my family and not knowing for sure when I will see them next. Then there is a guilt. Somehow when I go back to Michigan to visit no one is happy with the amount of time they get to spend with me. I always let it get to me too. I guess I need to learn to accept it myself. I only have so much time and I really do try hard to make it as equal as possible between my parents and then trying to fit everyone else in. :/

How has everyone else been? I'm trying to catch up on my reading and commenting. For now though I am off to a job interview!


QUICK UPDATE: The interview went well I thought and I liked the job even more after talking to them. They said they were hoping to make a decision about a second interview by Friday. 30 minutes after I got home I received an email that they want me for a second interview! :) I am so happy. Now to prep for the next one. Keep sending those good wishes, they worked! Thanks for the support.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on your interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way- I struggle with finding balance between my sweets, my cats, school, work, family, friends, so much. It's so hard and you're not alone!

    Goodluck on the interviews!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Break a leg on that interview, girl. Let us know how it goes!

    And I know what you mean about visiting family. We finally get to go see McStudly's family in a few weeks, but when it's been liek a year since you've seen them, 6 days HARDLY seems like it's long enough!

    ReplyDelete