Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I'm back!

Whew.. I don't know if I even got time to tell you guys but I was in Michigan for the weekend. I left Thursday after a busy day at work.

I flew home by myself with the purpose being that I would attend the wedding of a very good long time male friend of mine. He helped me get through many rough times in junior high and high school. I have to admit it was a little hard seeing him get married. Not that we were ever in that kind of relationship, but I still feel a little protective of him I guess. Like I have to give him up now, and he is hers. (Which is true!) She is a wonderful woman, they have actually known each other longer than him and I have known each other, they just didn't always date. Anyways... It was a beautiful wedding and I was glad to be able to be there to share the day with them.

The rest of the weekend went fast. I had lunch with both my grandmas did a little shopping, saw both my mom and dad, and participated in the local beer tent. It was a festival weekend in my hometown and I got to see a lot of people from high school that I haven't seen in forever. I joke that the beer tent is like a trashy high school reunion! ha!

Now, I'm back to work and just getting back in the groove. I missed B and Moose like crazy and I was glad to get home to them. Next time we go back to Michigan will be hopefully for Christmas which seems like a long time away but I know it will be here before I know it.

Hope you all had a good weekend too!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow - sounds liek you had a great time, but we're glad to have you back, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOunds like fun! I hate when the weekend goes by fast

    ReplyDelete