First of all, thank you for the opinions on my last post about the Chicken Pox vaccine. I am leaning towards getting the shot. Probably tomorrow morning. I did a lot of reading yesterday and I know that I don't want to get them of course and I definitely don't want the chance to get them when I become pregnant someday. Not a good idea.
Okay, our anniversary trip to Annapolis. We had so much fun. We dropped Moose off at a friend's house for the day and we got to Annapolis around 9:00am. We went to a little coffee shop and had some breakfast before hopping on a walking tour of historic Annapolis. Very fun. We spent 2.5 hours walking around with a very sweet tour guide. We also toured the Naval Academy which was beautiful and very impressive.
After the tour we did a little browsing through the shops and stopped to get some sushi for lunch. I would say it wasn't good but I know I wasn't a good judge. I just started to not feel well and everything was making me sick. I'm sure the food was fine. B made me try Sake for the first time and I think it is gross. I'll just say no thanks next time!
After lunch we checked into our hotel. We stayed at Loews and I wasn't very happy. It was a nice hotel but the service was not good. We had reserved a package with included parking but when we checked in she insisted that we didn't and that parking was going to be an additional $22. We ended up having to pay for parking. Then we went to our room and it was two double beds instead of a king. So, we got that all worked out and switched rooms. We also went to the bar connected to it and they were pretty rude. Oh well, we weren't at the hotel too much.
Afterwords we went out and started our own personal bar crawl! Ha! We just started stopping in and having a drink at each place that looked interesting to us. Very fun. Then we went to Osteria 77 for dinner. It's pricey (we had a gift card!) but it was nice both in atmosphere and service. The food was also delicious. I felt it was worth the money if you were looking to have a nice dinner. Then we continued our pub visiting. We had a blast. We especially liked the bar called Stan and Joe's. Lots of regulars, nothing fancy, a live band, and they made you feel at home.
The next morning we felt a little rough but we slept in and then went to pick up our little Moose and have a lazy day at home together. Sorry, I'm working and I don't have access to any of the pictures. Hopefully I can post those tomorrow. ~Kelly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow - it sounds like you guys had a great time. McStudly and I LOVE going to Annapolis... good times for sure and I jsut love the sceery of it all, especially at the docks.
ReplyDeleteThat is too bad about the hotel. I am glad you didn't let it ruin your weekend though! My husband and I would go on our own little bar crawl too, haha.
ReplyDelete