Monday, August 31, 2009

Baby Fever!

Okay, I don't usually admit this...

I have baby fever! I want to have babies so bad lately. I can't explain it and it doesn't even make sense. I just want to be pregnant, be a mom, start my family. I have been dreaming about it a lot lately. It doesn't help that tons of people in my life are getting pregnant and I'm constantly reading about all you other bloggers dealing with pregnancy/baby happenings. (Which makes me very happy for all of you!)

However, B and I are not in a position where are are planning on having babies right now. In fact it will be at least another 2 years if we have it our way. Right now we are in a small apartment, B is starting grad school this week for the next 2.5 years, and we don't live anywhere near our families. It's so not the right time and I know that. So... why can't I shake this baby fever? Anyone else have these issues sometimes?

3 comments:

  1. YESS!!! I've been having this problem since... like... February. Seriously! I can't shake it. I know McStudly's not ready, and we stil have debt to pay off before we can even THINK about my being able to stay home with a baby, but I jsut want one so bad!! To just be pregnant and then have a little bundle that I can cuddle and awe over and put in those adorable little outfits with the matching itty bitty shoes.... ugh - THIS ISN'T HELPING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!!! Since we got married I've been dying to be pregnant and start a family and whatnot. But I'm in grad school for another three years and we want at least three or four years of alone time to have a relationship with just the two of us (we've been in school for our entire relationship) and we want to take a few years to pay off some of our astronomical amounts of student loan debt! So babies....maybe in 2016?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have what I consider "vicarious baby fever." I looove other people's babies, and every time I see or hold one, I want my own immediately. But my rational brain always wins out, as I've come to terms with the fact that it will be another year or two before the time is right. It's hard to be responsible sometimes!

    ReplyDelete