Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The one where I give blood and get a Kindle

It's been just about a month. I haven't felt a whole lot like posting. I can't really explain it. Sometimes I just don't feel like I have anything interesting to share. I have been keeping up and reading along with all those I follow but haven't been commenting either. I've just been sorta quiet the last month I guess.


The new job is still going great. I'm seeing clients and getting the hang of things. I still have so much to learn of course but I'm getting there.



I made it through my 25th birthday and survived! ha! I think I freaked out about it enough before that the actual day turned out to be no big deal. My husband tried hard to make the day special for me. It was a Thursday and we went out for Italian and he made me a very delicious carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. My fave! My super awesome and unexpected birthday present was ruined a little. I got home the day before my birthday before B which usually doesn't happen. (He had stopped to pick up some birthday supplies) I saw a package at the door and got excited. I picked it up and it said what it was right on the outside of the package.... Amazon Kindle!!! :) I was torn between my total excitement and feeling bad because the surprise was ruined. I even considered trying to leave and pretend I hadn't gotten home yet! Instead I just told B and he was a little disappointed that he had bothered to stop first. I was still very happy. We don't usually do big gifts. Once in a while. I didn't expect something so nice for my birthday. I love it so far and I'm still not sure of all the things it can do.

I also gave blood for the first time the day before my birthday. I got really nervous right before I did it. I talked myself into chilling out and was doing quite fine by the time I gave blood. Then, when I was done I got VERY lightheaded. I have never passed out before but I thought to myself.."well, this is what it's like to pass out..." ha! I did not pass out. I told her how I was feeling and they rushed over a Coke, wet towels, and leaned me back. I felt quite silly. I have not decided if I will do it again. I want to, but it was very unpleasant afterwords. I have until at least August 12th to decide.


I'm sure plenty of other things have been happening but I will continue to update much more regularly now. I'm done with my informal hiatus. :) Have a great day. ~Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Wow - what a birthdya present! I've always wondered what those things were like.

    And honestly - if you drink tons and tons of water before you give blood, and have a little snack or something, you're fine. No light-headedness at all. I've had to have blood taken pretty regularly, even more than the amount someone donates, and that's what it takes to keep you from getting sick afterwards. Don't write it off just yet... maybe try just one more time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good advice. I will probably try again. I am always drawn to it because I know people (like my own dad every month) depend on donations like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY FOR YOUR KINDLE! I am absolutely obsessed with mine! It's so fabulous! I think everyone should have one! PS. I can't believe I hadn't been following your blog earlier! Shame on me! SO happy you received your package! Apologies it's SO stinkin' late! Every single day, I swear my husband asked if I was going to mail everything.. He was like "those girls are going to stop reading your blog you're such a gift-slacker!" haha.. Anyways, enjoy it! I looooove that candle!:)

    ReplyDelete