We had so much fun with our visitors this weekend. B was totally surprised that his brother came too. Best surprise we could have planned. I enjoyed having some girl time. my soon to be SIL and I did some shopping. I forget how fun it is to have a girl friend to go shopping with.
As we were walking past the Bare Essentials store (and I was eyeballing it for like the 15th time...) SIL says "I've started using it and I love it." That's all I needed. Since I have been interested for a while now she suggested we go in and have them do my make up. What I loved about it was that they teach you each step. And, for each step she does one half and you do the other so you leave knowing how to do it. That was so helpful for someone like me who is make up challenged. I loved the look. I ended up getting the get started kit and a brown eye kit. B has been cracking up watching me put it on. He's not used to me putting much makeup on so he finds it comical. I didn't get the primer and now I'm regretting that. I am noticing a difference in how it goes on and how long it lasts. I have never used primer before. So, what do you all think? Have you tried the Bare Essentials? How do you feel about it? Also I'd love to hear your thoughts on the primer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I want to try Bare Minerals! I had the powder, but I forget where I got it from because I didn't purchase it myself. I found it to be too chalky on my face but I might not have been doing it right. I want to go to the Bare Mineerals store..I didn't know they had one!
ReplyDeleteI'm not really a big make-up persona nd Bare Essentials is ALL I will wear. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I don't hav the primer, becuase I just bought the get started kit, and I'm thinking I want it. Then again, for as little as I wear the stuf, I don't know that I ever WILL buy it. But it's a GREAT investment and awesome make-up. Great purchase, girl!!
ReplyDeleteI love love love love love love love love bare minerals.
ReplyDeleteNo seriously. I LOVE IT.
I hate makeup because I think it looks gross on most people (hello, do you even know what color your skin is anymore under all that spackle?) myself included. It just feels icky. But this stuff is amazing and I swear to goodness my skin has gotten so much healthier since using it! It just looks and feels so natural.
Two enthusiastic thumbs up :)
I used to use Bare Minerals, but the bismuth oxychloride (the stuff that makes your skin look "dewy") in the original formulation irritates my skin :( I really love how easy it is though. They have the new matte formula which I really want to try - is that what you ended up getting?
ReplyDeleteI did not get the matte. I have origional, but I am curious as to how the matte looks too. I did go back and get the primer and it was worth it. I think it makes a difference.
ReplyDelete