Ingredients:Black Beans and Corn Filling
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup mild enchilada sauce
- I add some chopped up onions for a little more flavor. It's not in the original recipe
- 12 6- to 8-inch corn or flour tortillas
- Sour cream or low-fat sour cream
- Chopped scallions (Green Onions)
- Grated Monterey Jack cheese or vegan cheese
- Shredded lettuce
To Make:
Put all black bean and corn ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil on medium high. When it boils turn the heat down to low and cover. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Don't forget to stir often!
Meanwhile heat up a skillet with some non-stick spray and then warm the tortillas about 10 seconds on each side. Careful not to burn them.
Then you assemble! Put the bean mix on your warm tortillas (this is where we added some shredded cheese on top of the mix) and wrap them up. I used toothpicks to help me keep them together. Then top as you wish! We poured the extra heated enchilada sauce on and sprinkled with green onions. We have used both green and regular enchilada sauce. Both were good but I think we preferred the green sauce. I'm a fan of using what you like so make this recipe your own! See, very simple and quick for a weeknight. Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment