Sunday, June 14, 2009

Work, Wine, and Shopping

Wow. I know my posting has been a little sporadic. I'm trying to get used to balancing my work/home.social schedule. I made it through my first week of work and it was really good. Mostly it was filled with orientation and individual meetings with the people I work with to understand their role in the department. Everyone is great! Especially the ones in my office. A great sign to me is that everyone loves working there. Can't beat that! Right now I am sharing an office for the next two weeks which is okay because she will be training me as well. During these two weeks we are building more office space out of one of our conference rooms. At that point I will have my own little office. :) I feel so blessed to have this job. I think it is going to be a really great fit.
This weekend was fun. Friday we watched the Red Wings game at our friend's house. Too bad the Red Wings gave the game away! I will hear some crap about that on Monday I am sure. While I am a Red Wings fan many people in my office are Pittsburgh fans. Then Saturday we went to a wine festival called Great Grapes. Many different wineries were there from all over Maryland and we tasted at each booth. We went home with some new favorites. Today was filled with your typical Sunday stuff: cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, and church. We ended church with an ice cream social and now we are just relaxing for the night. Off to start another work week. This week I will be getting more into my actual job and some hands on training. Here we go! Hope you all had a great weekend. ~Kelly

4 comments:

  1. where was that wine event at I love in maryland, I wish I would have know about it I would ahev been all over that

    ReplyDelete
  2. meant to write I "live" in MD

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was north of Baltimore. In Cockeysville.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your first week of work was great!!! And the wine festival sounds fabulous!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete