I felt a little silly at lunch because as I was looking for a table in the crowed room a man said "Hello Kelly!" I looked at him and I said Hi back assuming that he was either in orientation (there were 50 people in there) and I didn't realize it or that I was obviously new (as I was carrying around the bag they give you at orientation and walking around probably looking a little lost) and he was just trying to be nice. I just went back to finding a table. After the women and I had sat down he came over and introduced himself and explained that I would be in the office next to his. I realized that he worked in my department and I had met him a month earlier at my interview! I felt a little silly. It was really nice of him to recognize me and make a point to say hello though.
After lunch I went to our off-site administration office. That was another whirlwind of information but I got a tour and my computer information set up. I also met with the director and one other person in the department. For the next two weeks I will be doing a lot of that. Scheduling 30 Minute appointments with each staff member.
I will be sharing an office until the end of the month. The position that I have was created because they were expanding and they are out of office space. This is actually good because I am taking over one of the grant programs of this woman so she can really help me this way. This also means the in the meantime I am given a laptop until I get settled. They are working on creating three new offices out of a conference room that they have and when it's ready I will be in one of those. I'm looking forward to that.
Tomorrow is more meetings and learning and finally on Thursday I will actually go to my office for a bit.

On a side note the weather has been scary today! We had a really bad storm and were without power for a few hours after work. It keeps going in and out a bit but we squeezed dinner in between the outages. Hope you all are having better weather than we are!

Unfortunately, we had the same storm system - It was freaky, huh? It looked like the night sky was taking over from a distance, and as it followed me home (literally - it was on my tail the WHOLE time!) I RAN inside and watched the winds start up adn then BAM... it started.
ReplyDeleteI have to say, though - I love storms, and the lightning and thunder was amazing!! Hope your power outage wasn't too horrible. That's the worst part!!
Good luck with the new job!
ReplyDelete