This is my new personal blog. I also have another blog about my husband and I's adventures moving around the country for his job. That can be found here. This is a spot for me to discuss my own junk both related and not to moving around.
I was born and raised in Michigan and since then have moved to Charlotte, NC and Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX with another move on the horizon. I'll get into that in a minute. I'm not a big fan of Texas. It just isn't a good fit. I would love to be able to move back to Michigan and be near family but that may not be a possibility right now. I also loved Charlotte. I could see myself living there. Especially if I HAD to pick somewhere away from my family. I would want to be there. It is a beautiful city and the people are wonderful.
So, what's this next move all about? Well, my husband has been rotating jobs. It's a unique program that I won't get into but it's time to stop moving and pick a permanent location and position. This is proving to be harder than normal with the economy. Some things are in the works which is important since we will be moving in a month and a half to wherever that may be! I'm trying to give this one to God and trust him to put us where we need to be. I know what I want that to be, but that doesn't mean the same thing as need, does it?
Moving around like this has been a little tough, I won't lie. I am a planner. I plan things out as far and as much as I can. This has been a lesson in "going with the flow". I don't know if I'll ever be able to claim that I'm good at that, but I have gotten better. Right now is the biggest test. We don't know where the permanent location will be. This is a month and a half away. In a month and a half I have no idea where I will be living or what I will be doing. For a person like me, that is scary. It's also scary because we will probably be there a while which means long term plans. I should be excited right? Well, I don't know if I'm ready to make long term plans that aren't in Michigan (or Charlotte at the least). I also don't know if I will be able to get a counseling license because each state is different. What I've worked for so far I may not even be able to use. That I try not to think about too much. That's the scariest part right now so I bust out my defense mechnisims and hide that thought away.
This has been much longer than I anticipated so I'll wrap it up. Look for more of my ramblings coming your way soon and feel free to ask questions and leave comments!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment