Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Losing the Weight

Well, I had not been broadcasting this fact, but the family now knows that I've been working on losing weight. I officially started this journey on Oct. 1st 2008 and now I am 17.2 pound lighter then when I started. 17.2! I can't even believe that. I Definitely had the weight to lose and I have a little more to go, probably another 8 pounds. It's been slow but healthy. I've started making lifestyle changes. Sounds much bigger then it really is.

So, what do I mean by lifestyle changes? Well, I've been trying to move more. That involves getting out the old Tae Bo Dvds. I also try to walk more and I got a Wii Fit for Christmas so I've been really using that lately. I did eat pretty good but I was eating way too much. I personally am an emotional eater. When I'm anixous especially I eat. Learning to listen to my body and pay attention to what is actually going on with me (am I anxious, bored, or really truly hungry) has helped. Do I have it down perfectly? Nope. But I'm aware and working on it. Portion control has been a big help, and not eating until I'm stuffed, just content. I also have been trying to add more fruits and veggies. I love them and have no excuse not to eat them.

Overall I am still eating the things I love. We still get pizza regularly, but I don't eat so much of it and I make sure to make smarter choices the rest of the day. Also add some activity. It isn't always easy but I'm pretty proud that I've lost as much as I have. I'm not so proud that I let it get this bad, but I'm doing something about it now.

It feels good to go shopping again and I'm glad to be back in a healthy size for me. I have about 4 more pounds to be in the healthy range and I will gage how much more I will lose at that point. I didn't think I could do this but I'm sure glad I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment